To enable you all to have an additional means of communicating both with each other as well as with us, the Learning 2.0 team we will be teaching you how to use MSN web messenger.
To use MSN web messenger, you need to have set up your own hotmail account (see the pre-workshop preparation post on this blog).
Step by step instructions to using MSN Web Messenger
1. Go to the URL http://webmessenger.msn.com/
2. Click on Start MSN Web Messeneger
3. Type in your hotmail/live email address and your password and click on Sign In – the MSN Web Messenger window should appear
4. The first step is to look for people you know – those of you who do not make it to the workshop we will circulate details of people’s email addresses
5. Click on Add a contact and type in an email address to the window that appears. They should now be added to your contacts list.
6. To send an instant message, click on a contacts name – as long as they are online a message box should appear. Click in the bottom box, type your message and click on send.
Spanbauer, S. (2004) Internet tips: A grown-up’s guide to instant messaging. [Online] Available from http://www.pcworld.com/article/114161/internet_tips_a_grownups_guide_to_instant_messaging.html [Accessed 24th July 2008]